1) On this day in 1985, Allyson Felix, quintuple Olympic champion and the USA’s most decorated Olympic athlete, was born. Enjoy all her Olympic medal races, while here she is breaking down running scenes from movies – including Forrest Gump – and here she is on Jimmy Kimmel.
2) This weekend, Leeds visit Tottenham – which is more than enough reason to revisit this FA Cup classic between the sides from 1999. The game was settled by sensational goals from Darren Anderton and David Ginola, the latter also hitting the woodwork with two similarly stupendous efforts – the first of which George Graham, Spurs’ manager at the time, was certain went in. Otherwise, here’s a league match between the sides from the 1970-71 season featuring some vintage Barry Davies, and an FA Cup quarter-final from 1972.
3) On Saturday night, the Scottish mixed martial artist Joanne Calderwood returns to the octagon, where she will meet Taila Santos. Here she is on the Ultimate Fighter, sharing one of the great staredowns with Rose Namajunas, while here’s a clip of her talking about her struggles, and here she is beating Jessica Eye.
4) And while we’re here, take a look at this fight-of-the-year contender from last weekend’s UFC activity: Max Holloway v Yair Rodríguez, while Dana White, the UFC president, extols the men involved.
5) In May 1991, Manchester United Under-20s played a friendly against Trinidad and Tobago Under-20s and lost 3-1 thanks to a hat-trick scored by some kid called Dwight Yorke.
6) On this day in 1987, Andre Dawson of the Chicago Cubs became the first person from a last-placed team to be named MVP. This little feature explains how good he was, here’s a longer documentary, while here he recalls a sad tale of racial profiling, and in this clip he talks about working as a mortician during a pandemic.